Automatic Transmission Problems Shifting Gears. In case your car is having transmission difficulties, it is important to capture it early before it becomes a more engaged – and a more expensive concern. If you should be experiencing the following transmission signs, we propose getting your vehicle in for inspection and a sign service as soon as possible:
- Transmission shifting delays: Does your vehicle pause before moving when shifting from park? Are you experiencing any pause in forward motion when your vehicle is shifting into first gear, or beyond first gear? Is there a delayed vehicle response when you shift from park to reverse?
- Transmission slipping, grinding, or jumping during acceleration when the car is shifting gears.
- Car shaking at any speed.
- A burnt smell coming from under your hood.
- Fluid visibly leaking from the vehicle
- Clunking, screeching or whistling sounds coming from the vehicle.
- Transmission fluid on dipstick is cloudy, thick or foul smelling.
- Manual transmission gear shifter is physically hard to move or won’t go into gear.
- source : http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com